Sam Raimi: Tobey Maguire Spider-Man 4 Would Focus on ‘Personal Growth’

Forum 1 week ago

Sam Raimi: Tobey Maguire Spider-Man 4 Would Focus on ‘Personal Growth’

While Sam Raimi doesn’t have any plans for working on a Marvel project yet, the renowned filmmaker has expressed his interest in doing one in the future. And if the potential Spider-Man 4 gets made, he says he will be focusing on Peter Parker’s “personal growth.”

With rumors about the director’s return to Marvel Studios circulating online, especially the possible fourth installment of the Tobey Maguire-led Spider-Man film franchise, the director told The Wrap, “I don’t have any plans. But I would love it!”

Will there be a fourth Spider-Man film starring Tobey Maguire?

As for the storyline for Spider-Man 4, Raimi revealed that he hasn’t really thought about it, but he’d love to discuss Peter Parker’s future and the villain that would play a crucial role in the superhero’s growth.

“I haven’t because I’d have to know what the next thing that character has to learn. I’d have to talk with Tobey, and the writers, and really figure out what his personal growth for this episode would be,” said Raimi.

He added, “I think if we were to make a fourth ‘Spider-Man’ film, we’d probably have to figure out the journey that Tobey Maguire [and] his character would be going on, and what obstacles he had to overcome to achieve that growth personally. And I hope that the villain would be chosen based on a representation of that obstacle.”

In addition to the three Spider-Man installments — which also starred Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson and James Franco as Harry Osborn — the director also entered the Marvel Cinematic Universe back in 2022 with Doctor Strange in The Multiverse of Madness, starring Benedict Cumberbatch, Elizabeth Olsen, Xochitl Gomez, Rachel McAdams, and more.

After Raimi chose to scrap Spider-Man 4, Sony moved the Andrew Garfield-led The Amazing Spider-Man forward in 2012. Tom Holland then took up the mantle in 2016’s Captain America: Civil War.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him

Uzoho relishes superb display against Man United at Old Trafford
Forum | 2 days ago

Uzoho relishes superb display against Man United at Old Trafford

UCL: What happened at Man Utd – Ferdinand questions Sancho after outstanding display against PSG
Forum | 3 days ago

UCL: What happened at Man Utd – Ferdinand questions Sancho after outstanding display against PSG