Anthony Mackie Really Wants to Fight Keanu Reeves in a John Wick Movie

Forum 1 month ago

Anthony Mackie Really Wants to Fight Keanu Reeves in a John Wick Movie

Anthony Mackie is trying to convince Keanu Reeves to put him in a John Wick movie.

Per Total Film Magazine, Mackie revealed that his “bucket list project” would be to fight Reeves in an upcoming John Wick movie.

“I’m really trying to get Keanu Reeves to consider me for John Wick 5 or 6,” Mackie said. “I think that will make me a cool dad if I had, like, a five-minute fight scene with Keanu Reeves. I’m gonna put up a fight! [Pro wrestler] Samoa Joe punched me in the face in [Twisted Metal] and I did not go down!”

Mackie is best known for playing Sam Wilson in Marvel’s Captain America franchise, a role he’ll soon reprise in 2025’s Captain America: Brave New World. He also plays John Doe in Peacock’s Twisted Metal series and recently starred in 2023’s If You Were the Last, among other roles.

A fifth John Wick movie is in the works

A fifth John Wick film is in the works; although, the preproduction process was delayed in 2023 due to the Writers Guild of America (WGA) and Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA) strikes.

A release date has not yet been set for the movie and it’s unclear how much Reeves will be involved with the movie given the way that 2023’s John Wick Chapter 4 ends.

Chad Stahelski did, however, say in October 2023 that he already has ideas for at least five more John Wick movies.

Ana de Armas, meanwhile, is leading a John Wick spin-off movie titled Ballerina that is scheduled to be released on June 6, 2025. Directed by Len Wiseman, Ballerina is set between the events of John Wick: Chapter 3 — Parabellum and John Wick Chapter 4 and sees de Armas play an assassin named Rooney.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish

IF Video Shows The Office Reunion Between John Krasinski and Steve Carell
Forum | 2 days ago

IF Video Shows The Office Reunion Between John Krasinski and Steve Carell

EPL: John Terry names four toughest strikers he faced during his career
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: John Terry names four toughest strikers he faced during his career