Paul Scholes Names Player To Reach Levels Of Ronaldo & Messi

Forum 3 years ago

Paul Scholes Names Player To Reach Levels Of Ronaldo & Messi

Manchester United legend, Paul Scholes, has tipped Borussia Dortmund striker, Erling Haaland, to reach Barcelona captain, Lionel Messi and Juventus forward, Cristiano Ronaldo’s levels in football.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f4ad158adeb400c8f854d7ddfaf2de92.jpg

Haaland has become one of Europe’s fastest-rising prospects alongside the likes of Paris Saint-Germain’s Kylian Mbappe and Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho.

But Scholes believes Haaland, 20, has the potential to hit the heights of Messi and Ronaldo when both Ballon d’ Or winners retire from football.

The former midfield maestro also said that Man United should have pursued Haaland over Sancho, who was heavily linked with a move to the Old Trafford club in the summer.

“I think he [Haaland] will be up there with your Ronaldo and Messi’s levels possibly from what I have seen so far,” Scholes told Stadium Astro.

“That’s why I just never felt Sancho was the right type of player because we’ve got three of that type of player already.

“To spend £100m or whatever, I didn’t think it was right. I wasn’t that disappointed.

“Look, he’s a brilliant player, and he’ll probably improve any team, but I just didn’t think there was the need for him this year.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: John Terry names four toughest strikers he faced during his career
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: John Terry names four toughest strikers he faced during his career

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves

Paul Okoye Laments Struggle Of Doing Household Chores Without Maids Abroad
Forum | 5 days ago

Paul Okoye Laments Struggle Of Doing Household Chores Without Maids Abroad