Emmys 2020 Will Be Lowest Rated Ever Says Host Jimmy Kimmel

Forum 3 years ago

Emmys 2020 Will Be Lowest Rated Ever Says Host Jimmy Kimmel

The host of The 72nd Primetime Emmy Awards, Jimmy Kimmel, expects this year's ceremony to be the lowest-rated yet. The ceremony will be held virtually, with Kimmel reporting from an audience-less Staples Center and nominees appearing from their homes or other remote locations. Kimmel signed on well before the pandemic significantly changed the way the ceremony would be run.

In an interview with Deadline, Kimmel says he expects the ceremony to reach its lowest rating point ever amid widespread changes to the ceremony. The coronavirus pandemic has prohibited the ceremony from hosting an audience or a red carpet event this year. With a consistent downward trend in ratings for awards ceremonies and live television in general, Kimmel does not expect this year's ceremony to be an exception:

"I know everyone will get crazy when I say this, but this will probably be the lowest-rated Emmy's of all time. I would be almost anything on it... I mean, television is the lowest rated it has been."

This will be the first major awards ceremony of 2020 as the season kicks off. It will be a sort of test run for the ceremonies to follow. The Oscar's have been delayed until April, and the Grammy's will happen in early 2021 and have yet to announce their plans. As of now, last year's ceremony holds the title of the lowest-rated ceremony, but with all the changes coming to the awards show because of the coronavirus pandemic, anything could happen.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6380121fbe1c09c55cc6bf6ace3cdad1.jpg

The 72nd Primetime Emmy Awards will air this Sunday on ABC, and it is sure to be an interesting spectacle. Anything could happen, as more than 140 cameras will be stationed at nominees' homes. Kimmel has hosted the ceremony twice before in 2012 and 2016, but never like this. Even if the ceremony does hit the milestone of being the lowest-rated, it will be another artifact of these increasingly unprecedented times.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Sydney Sweeney ‘Isn’t Pretty’ and ‘Can’t Act,’ Says Hollywood Producer Carol Baum
Forum | 1 day ago

Sydney Sweeney ‘Isn’t Pretty’ and ‘Can’t Act,’ Says Hollywood Producer Carol Baum

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing
Forum | 4 days ago

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing

BREAKING: No Feud On Olubadan Stool, Says Makinde
Forum | 1 week ago

BREAKING: No Feud On Olubadan Stool, Says Makinde